Monday, December 13, 2010

On the road again....

Or rather in the air again.

 

I am sitting in the Frankfurt airport awaiting my connection to Astana, so I have a bit of time to kill!

 

I can't believe how fast the past 4 weeks have flown by, but somehow I managed to get 2 visa's (Kazakhstan and Russia), booked my flights, arranged hotels, took Ciera to her activities, worked (ugh!), finished up Tienna's room (ok I was doing that up to about 5 minutes before I left home), and I now have several hours to spend with nothing to do, that's not something that happens to me very often!

 

Ciera has spent the past several weeks saying "I want to go with you", with my answer being "I'm sorry honey you can't come this time", I thought she had accepted it and was ok with it when she said on Friday night "how many more sleeps until you bring my sister home?".  However as I was in line to check in for my flight she kept wanting to hold my hand, telling me she wanted to hold it forever, and as I was checking my bags she had silent tears running down her face.  She was really cute though and I have to give her credit for trying "why can't I come with you?" "I only have one ticket" to which she responded "then tear it in half so I can use it too".   We grabbed some dinner as we waited and then it was time to go……she was clinging to me, holding on, and crying, I tried not to cry but I resisted the sobs but had tears running down my face too, I hate pulling myself out of her grasp.  Again she tried….she took the fruit loops that Auntie Dada was holding and she gave them to me, then she gave me dee dee and mama fish and reached for her coat that Auntie Dada was holding, I said "I see what you're doing here" and handed the stuff back to Linda.  A few more hugs and I pulled away, I waved and blew kisses all the way thru security, tears streaming down my face.  Ciera waved back and blew back kisses but I knew she was crying.  Linda said as they got to the car Ciera was still sniffling, I hope she went to bed early last night.   

 

I LOVE Lufthansa, I had 2 bags (gifts took up one!) and a stroller, the agent said "adoption?", I said yes and she put it all through, gave me a bag and some tape for the stroller and presto, no extra charges, I'm betting Air Canada would have charged me J

 

The snow delayed us a bit, about 40 minutes and it was a very full flight.  It was bumpy over Canada, as the pilot said we were hitting the storm.  I managed to grab a few hours sleep here and there, and am hoping the flight to Astana is not full as I could really use more sleep!

 

I cannot believe in less than 24 hours I will see and hold Tienna again….

 

Update from Linda: by the time they were home she was fine…..that's a relief!!

1 comment:

Karon said...

My heart is leaping for you. I love it when families come together. You will all be together soon enough.