Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rain won't stop us!!!

The past 3 years we celebrated our Forever day by heading to the Zoo, this year as I am saving my vacation days for our return to Kazakhstan I am being chintzy with taking vacation days so I thought "OK, I'll take a 1/2 day and we can head to Wonderland for a few hours". When I dropped Ciera off this morning I told her I would pick her up early and that I would have a surprise for her. Her response "Our baby?!!!", no honey not today!

I had to explain the significance of today a few times, but I think she "got it".

So at 2:00 I head off to daycare to pick her up, of course that is the exact time the rain started to spit a bit. As we walked out of daycare the tempo picked up, but by the time we got to Wonderland it seemed to have stopped. We went in to get our seasons passes finalized and then it started to rain a bit harder. I had thrown our umbrellas in the wagon, I tried to convince Ciera that mommy fish really needed to stay in the car but she would have no part of it, so I tucked her under the wagon seat and hoped for the best, so we put up our umbrellas and bravely headed in. I discovered the HUGE advantage of Wonderland in the rain, midweek...not a line in sight. We rode quite a few rides and several we stayed on for a 2nd run, there were truly that few people around, now granted we were in Planet Snoopy but still. The ride would stop and the attendant would just say "is everyone staying on?" We found that riding on a roller coaster in the rain is really great fun, and by about the 3rd ride we were pretty much soaked through on our shorts as all the seats were wet, Ciera thought this to be quite funny "we look like we peed our pants!!" she noted while laughing.

All in all we had a great time, and even though we were only there for 2 1/2 hours we got alot of rides in...and dinner...and the required purchase of cotton candy.

By the time we got to the car Ciera looked like she had been in the shower in her clothes (she rode more rides than I did, as I can't go on all of them in the kids section) and I had to strip her down in the car and wrap her in a blanket in her car seat, I plopped the cotton candy in her lap and we headed home. About 10 minutes later she declared "I've had enough sugar" (don't you just love this kid!) and 10 minutes from home I heard snoring.......yikes no it's only 6:00!!! She woke up as I carried her in and we both put on our jammies and cuddled on the couch to watch some tv.

Ciera decided this would be a perfect day to go back to the "I am not going to smile for pictures and will look away from the camera at all costs", so our pictures are not the greatest...oh well!


What a wonderful day!!!





At least we ate out of the rain!!!




Enjoying the bucket-o-cotton candy




Crashed!!! With a soaking wet mama fish on her lap, I had to wring mama fish out before I "let" her in the car, then when we got home into the washer and dryer she went!!!

2 comments:

D and A said...

Sounds like a great day! One to remember, anyway.

Dean and Janie said...

What precious memories! I just love the baby monitor question below. :)
Very happy for you and your sweet little one.