Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Still waiting...patiently

Yes, I'm still waiting....I know... I know......truly I do (having walked this road before and knowing there is living proof of this sleeping peacefully in her bedroom upstairs) , that the reason I am still waiting is that my child is just not ready yet, my heart knows it and my brain knows it...but only sort of some days.

My dossier has now been in Kazakhstan for 1 year and 1 month (not that I'm counting) and has been in the region of Karaganda since the beginning of February, so 7 months. My agency is honest with me in that they have never promised me I would travel by X date and I do appreciate that as then I don't get my hopes up only to have them crushed when it does not happen.

However.....it is so very frustrating to read on the one chat group or another (why do I read these some days??!) things like "oh my file JUST went to the Ministry in Karaganda and I am anticipating travelling in September". My first thought is WHAT???? How is that possible??? This file went just now and mine has been there 7 months?? How can a file move that much more quickly through the system? Yes, logically I know there are some very specific reasons why, but some days my brain just has a really hard time with it!!! And yes today is one of them!

I'll be OK in a couple of days .....as I know when I see the pictures of these parents with their kids I'll think to myself "yep they were meant to be a family" but today I needed to just vent for a moment.

Thanks I feel better already.

2 comments:

Michele said...

It is so weird but true saying it (or in this case typing it) does make it better.

Baby Kaz Moore said...

I wish I could say something to bring you peace, but I'm not sure I can. But I do send warm wishes from Austin, and hope you hear positive news soon! Susan