Monday, January 17, 2011

Torches are passed and holy cow I think I'm in trouble!!!

Yesterday afternoon Ciera and I were baking cupcakes for Tienna's first birthday today and, as every child does, she asked if she could lick the beater when I was done.....so we each took one and enjoyed this age old ritual together. Suddenly it dawned on me......in a year or so I have to make a decision.......either give up on licking the beaters when I am baking as Tienna will also want one (yes I always still do this even when I am baking alone, c'mon admit it you do it too), or start baking at night!!! Hmmm....I think I will start baking at night :-)


After we ate dinner, Ciera decided she was going to feed Tienna her dessert....baby peaches, I assumed (wrongly so this time) that Ciera had offered as she also wanted to eat them (she likes to "taste" the baby food), but she fed her, had lots of laughs and she then cleaned up Ciera and the highchair too!! This is what memories and bonding are made from :-)



Then as I was cleaning up Ciera went off to play while Tienna hung in her playpen for a bit, I heard Ciera coming around the corner and this is what I saw......


yep my daughter gets some of the oddest ideas, and I have no idea where they come from....when I ask I am told "I thought of it in my brain"....ummm.....yeah ok.......for the uninitiated she is wearing the Run for the Cure t-shirt she got for coming with me on the run in 2009 (she wears it all the time even though it is an adult size small) , the knight helmet she got for Christmas and the safety goggles that came with her "work bench", and her Spiderman silly bands, she is also riding the Winnie the pooh "car" she got when she was 2 and hung on the front is her Batman mask.....I can only imagine the outfits this child will wear to school when she is 13....my tongue will be sore permanently from biting it daily!





4 comments:

Julian and Sara said...

With respect to the first dilemma - you could always use a spoon (or ladle) a year from now.

As to Ciera's choice of attire - obviously nurture has trumped nature. :)

And a very Happy Birthday to Tienna!

Maren and Peter said...

My favorite part is the mask on the ride-on toy. Maybe it's her sidekick?
And I bet Ciera will share her beater. Or maybe you'll just have to make two batches of cupcakes at a time from now on :)

D and A said...

I love it - she must be very creative! Different is good. And you can't go wrong with a knight helmet or a Batman mask.

Yannik Au Kazakhstan said...

I caught the Lion's Den last night - odd, since I never watch it... but it's got me thinking of you... Inventors were presenting a novel idea: cake batter cookies that you could eat!! There is hope around the corner ;0))

Gorgeous kids = gorgeous pics!

Jocelyne