Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm so getting my flu shot...as soon as I feel better

For the past I don't know how many years I have been getting my flu shot, and since Ciera entered my life I am a mean mom and make her get one too. We're typically not sick, we both get maybe one bug and that's it. This year we were in Kazakhstan in the fall when we typically get them and we have not yet made it to the Dr to get one......much to Ciera's dismay we will be both getting them as soon as we are well enough. Ciera is on her 2nd round of something in the past 5 weeks, this one has her hacking like a 4 pack a day smoker, she had 2 nights of high fever but seemingly fine during the day. Although for her to fall asleep twice on the couch watching tv is so not like her, she was also totally miserable at our well balanced (not) meal at McD's last night. She called out for me many times last night and therefore mom did not have a good sleep either. Tienna was awake just after 8:00 this morning (late for her, bless her little heart!) and Ciera woke up somewhere around 9:30. We PJ'd it all day today and as the day went on mommy realized "oh shoot, I'm getting it too". I wanted a nap too but as soon as Ciera fell asleep, Tienna woke up, sheesh someone is really out to get me!! I also had something last week, then I felt well enough on Saturday to do a 4k run and now I'm sick again? How is that even possible? What is going on here?!!! So here I sit also coughing like a 4 pack a day smoker with a tea and a blanket wrapped around me asking "c'mon why....". While our day in was good for family bonding, I have to think that that family who plays together likely gets sick together too!! Tienna has escaped everything both Ciera and I have had over the past 6 weeks......the difference? She had her flu shot in Kazakhstan.....makes you wonder eh?! Enough to make me say, as soon as I am well enough I am going....as is Ciera. The germs need to be banished from our house!!!




Here are a couple of recent pictures....yes I still have to catch up.....
I swear Ciera has more fun with Tienna's toys than she does her own somedays, and oddly Tienna has taken to playing with Ciera's!!!

Happy baby!!!! 4 new teeth have broken through on top, she was not overly miserable with them coming in, she had her miserable moments but certainly not what I would have expected with 4 teeth coming it, a whole new smile coming soon!!!


Mom heading to sleep now....Ciera is in my bed so I may just sleep in hers!!!!

No comments: