Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Never a dull moment

You know the saying "it's always something"? Well around here it really is....

Ciera lost a top front tooth a couple of weeks back and the other one has been really loose for what seems like forever. Yesterday we thought it was going to come out as when we brushed her teeth in the morning it was bleeding....I yanked on it but it didn't want to come out. I mentioned it to her teachers just in case it came out during the day and it bled. So this morning we get to school and her teacher says "oh its still there", we had forgotten to "test" it this morning, so I wiggled it and it seemed looser (I know this is not grammatically correct!), I grabbed a tissue (I find it too wet to try with just my fingers) and pulled on it a little and it would not come out, Ciera grabs the tissue from my fingers and yanks on her tooth...and out it comes, she did not even flinch!!! So we had a little biology lesson right then and there with her classmates as I don't think many of them have lost any teeth yet, they were certainly full of questions. This is Ciera's newest smile.... yep that's 3 teeth missing at the moment


I have been trying to get Tienna to drink straight water and she tosses the bottle every time I try it....so this afternoon I went for a run and I take a water bottle with me, before we even left the house she indicated that she wanted some...so I squirted some into her mouth...she drank it, I did this several times and she drank it everytime. Being smarter than a 14 month old I thought...hmm perhaps she just does not like it from the bottle, so I put some water into a sippy cup, it has the doohicky in it that stops it from just flowing out, she still has to suck it out. This is what occurred.....why do I have visions of this being a beer years from now? Oh well she seemed to like it ok from the sippy cup and now we are working on her handing it back to me when she is done rather than just chucking it.


Tienna has been out of sorts the past 2 days, totally not like her at all, yesterday she spent most of the day sleeping. Her "diaper" issue was not resolved with the antibiotics for her Giardia (she did have it but has been retested and she was clear), so I talked to my Dr last week, she suggested I change her to a non-lactose formula just to see. In addition to that I also cut down on her portion size thinking perhaps I was overfeeding her and her system just could not handle it.

Tonight while I was attempting to make dinner she was just getting into everything and Ciera was not helping the situation so I put Tienna in the playpen. I went to take her out and gasped....there was pink stuff all over her mouth, her hands, her shirt, the playpen, etc Ciera said "it's blood!!!" Umm no she ate a piece of pink chalk...bright pink. Last week she dumped a whole cup of chalk into the playpen and I thought it was all out, but apparently not. Got her and the playpen cleaned up and we ate dinner. Could make for some interesting diapers tomorrow though!

Back to the "diaper" issue. The changes seem to have made a difference, whereas she was always regularly "going" during her nap (and requiring a bath and a change of clothes) things have been more normal but not as regular. During dinner she was obviously trying to go, red face and the sounds were pretty telltale, however to no avail and the trying stopped. Well it was bath night here.....water in the tub, about 4 million toys also in the tub, Ciera and Tienna climb in. Not 4 seconds later.....Tienna goes bright red again, I look and I'm too late "Ciera get out of the tub now!" and I grab Tienna out.....as they say at the pool "we had a fouling". Great just what I wanted to do tonight, scrub the tub and disinfect 4 million toys. Both kids get shuttled into my tub where they have showers instead. On the positive side at least it was solid!!!

So there you have it, just a normal day here at our house :-)

2 comments:

Lou Ann said...

It sounds like fun times all around. I have to say, I don't miss the whole diaper issues! But thanks for sharing!!!

Glad things are going so "smoothly" for you Diane.

Lou Ann & Lexie too

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Diane, the picture of Tienna taking a big swig from her sippy cup cracks me up!! Sounds like life is pretty exciting over at your place these days. Oh, the stories you'll tell at their weddings!! ;-)

Colleen