Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wow we really are bonding!!!

I have to confess I've been a bit nervous about my bonding with Tienna, she's not (yet) a cuddly girl, she prefers to be standing up looking over my shoulder at stuff and when she gets hurt she will let me comfort her for about 5 seconds before she is trying to wiggle off my lap, so I was starting to worry a bit about our bond but tonight I had it confirmed.....we are doing ok! I had to go into a local small print shop to get a couple of documents printed for our consulate appointment on Friday and the couple who own the place are very sweet. The woman was asking how old she was, telling me she had an 11 month old and she put her arms out for Tienna to go to her. Up to a couple of weeks ago when anyone did that Tienna just leaned over and would be going to them willingly, but not tonight. Tonight she grabbed onto me with her little hands, one hand on each of my shoulders and put her little cheek against mine. I was beaming.....I'm sure the woman in the shop must have thought I was a nut case, but I was so very happy she did this! I am not just another set of arms anymore!!!!! It's such a satisfying feeling.

2 comments:

Gr'ma Z said...

Love the picture of your two beautiful girls at the top of your blog--so happy and playful.

Maren and Peter said...

I hope you guys are doing well. Love the photo of the girls! I too find myself mentally willing Aibek not to reach out for other people to hold him. But when he gets hurt, he always comes to me so I know we're doing alright. Still not a lot of cuddling, but I'm working on it.