Monday, May 3, 2010

I made a wish!!!!

A couple of weeks ago there was a beautiful moon outside and I made a comment about it, so of course Ciera had to see it, while we were looking at it I pointed out the first star and made an offhand statement about "wishing on a star", Ciera asked what I meant and I told her we can wish on a star to help make something come true. "Like Tiana?" (Princess and the Frog) she asked, "yes, like that" I answered. Ah if only life were truly so simple.

Ciera has been pretty quiet on the topic of "our baby" lately, her comments have slowed to a trickle....could be something to do with the fact that she had a birthday ten days ago (she's now 5, sheesh I can't remember the last time I was THAT excited about a birthday, she was beside herself with excitement!!!) and her birthday celebrations were spread out over those 10 days, banishing baby thoughts from her head. The last of those was her party yesterday with her friends at an indoor play place.

In any event we were sitting eating dinner last night and Ciera puts down her fork and out of the blue says "I wish our baby could come home" then she looks at me with that proud of herself look on her face and declares "I made a wish!!!!"

I wish so too little one.......I wish so too.

2 comments:

Marion said...

Dear Diane ...
I felt very close to you through your blog ... because as the mother of a little girl of 4 years. I 'm waiting too for a LOI (probably in autumn) to Karaganda ... I hope your wish come true very soon and maybe we will meet us there ...

Michele said...

Ciera is becoming so grown up. It was lovely to share her birthday party on Sunday. I too am wishing you will be bringing your baby home soon.