Monday, May 31, 2010

I think I'm living with a 90 year old woman!!

Ciera does and says alot of things that make me think...how in the world does she know that? But tonight at dinner I darn near spat my food across the table in laughter.

Ciera has this REALLY annoying habit that I give her heck for all the time, and in fact told her yesterday the next time she did it she'd be on the stairs in a time out. Her habit? I say something and she replies "pardon?" (at least she is being polite!), I say it again and she replies "pardon?", I say "what did I just say Ciera?" and she repeats back to me whatever I had just said....so she's heard me and just chooses deliberatly to annoy me. She knows it does, I've told her so dozens of times.

So at dinner tonight, I said something to her and she said "Pardon?", I looked over at her with "that" look, and she...I kid you not.....leaned towards me, cupped her hand behind her ear and said "speak right into my ear".......I darn near choked, I tried to not let her see I was laughing but holy cow it was hard not to. Now where on earth would she have learned that one??!!!

2 comments:

D and A said...

I don't know either of you, and that made me laugh out loud. Hilarious!

Michele said...

The trials of raising a child and not laughing hysterically when they do the darnedest things.
And I can just see Ciera doing that, you do wonder where they see stuff and further more how long it has been circling in her brain waiting for the perfect situation for usage.