Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'm waving the white flag

and calling in the dudes in the Haz Mat suits, whatever...just get this darn virus out of my house!!!! This is the worst and strangest virus I've ever seen/had. It comes and goes, you think your fever is gone and then BAM it's right back again. We ended up at the Dr on Thursday, mine has morphed into bronchitis, while Ciera is still "viral". I pleaded "please can she go to school tomorrow?" and answer was "no keep her home again"....aggghhhh! She felt well enough to go to hockey last night , thanks to her friends mom who picked up up and took her, there was no way I could do it. She came home a different child "you're the best mom" "I love you" "mmmm mom that's the best soup", apparently she REALLY needed to get out of here for a couple of hours.


Tienna started coughing yesterday, and had nasty goop coming from her nose....oh boy, so once again we we all in bed by 9:30 last night. This morning I felt almost slightly lifelike again, I woke Tienna up at 10:00 (she has never slept that late) so I could take Ciera to dance, and I took off her sleeper and gasped. Her legs and arms were covered in what looked like red welts, and when you touched them they were raised up. Oh c'mon already, enough is enough. Dropped Ciera at dance and we hit the Dr again, she was not concerned "if it spreads give her some Benadryl"...um ok and the goop? Not bacterial, viral. Super


We are on day 8 of illness here and there has got to be an end in sight....doesn't there? Oddly enough my sister, who we have not seen in a couple of weeks, has the same thing, we wondered it we passed in on via text?! Can it be that potent??


Some random thoughts:


  • thank goodness for our cat Reese, every time I am in bed with the chills he crawls under the covers with me and somehow his 13 pounds of warmth seeps right into me and I get warm.

  • our poor dog has not been walked in over a week......he is now moping around

  • yesterday I thought, OK maybe if I strip all the beds and wash everything the germs will go away....so far this has not worked

  • Ciera said yesterday "I want to go to Cuba", yeah me too baby at least then we'd be warm!

  • why with sleeping at least 15 hours a day do I still look like a "Thriller" reject, or as my friend Michele put it ever so nicely yesterday "you look tired"

  • conversation with Ciera. Ciera: "I'm angry" me: "why are you angry?" Ciera: "I'm angry 'cause I have no one to play with, all you have done all week is lie on the couch or in bed, and Tienna has been in her playpen". Ah the injustices.....

  • I am officially tired of drinking tea and orange juice (no not at the same time, that's be gross!)

  • Even Ciera has been napping 2-3 hours an afternoon and been asleep again by 9:00PM, this afternoon she commented "I wish napping, and eating and drinking lots wasn't what made us better, I wish it was playing and eating and drinking".

  • As I was waiting for Ciera at dance this afternoon, another mom walked in to get her daughter, I took one look at her and said "oh you too?" yep, she's got it too, sad when you recognize "the look" :-)

Ah well here is hoping tomorrow is a better day, Ciera has a hockey jamboree from 10:15-12:30 and then we have free tickets to the local hockey game afterwards. I'm thinking we won't be sticking around for that but we will go to the jamboree, and with any luck we will all feel better!!!


Here's hoping it stays away from your house!!!


2 comments:

Lou Ann said...

Oh Diana,

I'm so sorry your first few weeks home ended up being weeks from hell instead of heaven. No wait you did get to enjoy a very rushed Christmas and New Years before the plague hit your house. And you even had your amazing snow day. But you know the Kazakhs would have said it was playing in the snow (even bundled up) that brought this on. So it's actually not the plague but a snow cold. Yeah, that's it! Besides, this has been an excellent bonding opportunity even if it had to happen in bed, on the couch or at the Doc's office. See there's bright side to everything.

I hope the whole household is back on their feet and back outside!

Take care of yourselves,
Lou Ann & Lexie too

D and A said...

Oh, that's just awful. There has to be an end in sight...