Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's vacation time!

Last week Ciera and I, along with my sister Linda (Auntie Dada) spent a wonderful 5 days camping in Niagara. Even though our campsite was pretty much on the QEW we had a fabulous time.


Ciera building with our firewood, a future engineer or architect perhaps?



As a salute of sorts to Ciera's love of fish we went to Marineland and had a great time, Ciera surprised me by asking to go on a ride which I thought would be too much for her...it's a big boat that swings back and forth and then turns around and back. There was no chance I was going on with her (I don't do back and forths very well!) and Linda wanted to go on it so Ciera insisted even though we must have asked her a dozen times "are you sure?" so on she went...oh my gosh she laughed the whole time, she LOVED it!!



Ciera and Auntie Dada are in the 3rd row from the left








Ciera and mom on the roller coaster !!! She wanted the front row...











Feeding the deer the cream cone from it's food was funny!





We also spent a day at Crystal Beach (my new favorite Ontario beach), a day in Niagara Falls, New York where they have a small Aquarium (Ciera quite liked it and ended up with a new fish, Nemo) and shopping! Then we spent our last day at Zooz (Safarii Niagara)



Ciera is a fish!!!










Odd tan lines!? Also proof for when she is 15 that she did used to like to be close to me!!!






The weather was near perfect, except for the 2 torrential downpours on Wednesday night where I found I had not waterproofed the tent quite as well as I thought I had...there were a couple of "small" leaks. During the 2nd downpour Ciera and I were trapped in the tent, Linda was in the dining shelter with the food and the wine (I think she had the better location!!), it rained so hard and so fast we had to build a plank way to avoid the small lake that separated the tent and the dining shelter.

But all in all we had a great time and Ciera was sad to come home "can we go camping again tomorrow?"

1 comment:

Stephanie and Gary said...

Thanks for your kind words, Diane, and for sharing your experience with me. I look forward to catching up more on your blog ...
Best to you and thanks for reaching out.
Stephanie