Monday, September 27, 2010

Off to a late start to day 2

to clarify we were ready on time, we had been told our driver would knock on our door at 9:30 to take us to the BH, so we were ready to go at 9:25 it was then 9:30….9:35, 9:40, 9:45, 9:50 the doorbell rings….our driver very apologetic the door to the building was closed and he does not know the code to get in so he had to wait for someone to come out.   No harm, it's a Saturday and traffic was not too bad so we made it there by 10:05, we met our translator, Irina and headed upstairs to Mr. Baby's room.  Yes I know it's bad calling her Mr. Baby, but that is what Ciera wanted to name the baby so I have named her that for the purposes of blogging for the meantime.  Her name will not be Mr. Baby forever!

 

By the time we got there she already had eaten her breakfast, they asked me if I brought diapers…um yes but I don't think they will fit!  Having been told before I left home that she was 9 months I bought size 2 diapers, I pulled them out and everyone laughed…she wears a size 4 diaper, a size 2 would not fit at all!  So they diapered her up in size 4 and I gave them my size 2's.  We are the only family visiting in our room, so we just hung out there on a padded bench, the floor is not carpeted and even though I have a blanket to place on the floor I know they will not want her to be on the cold floor.  Ciera was enthralled by her and kept giving her different toys to play with, poor kid must have been overwhelmed.  Her eyes kept following Ciera around. At noon we went to the apt across the street for lunch (yumm…home made soup!!!), the bank and to buy diapers! Then we headed back for our 2-4 visit.  I was VERY surprised when they said I could take her outside.  It was a gorgeous day, we were quite warm in jeans and long sleeved t-shirts, poor Mr Baby had on a sleeper, socks, a sweater and a hat.  She seemed fine with being outside so I am assuming she had been taken out over the summer.  Ciera got to play on the playground equipment which was great as it kept her busy and tired her out and I got to see what's it's like holding a baby and helping Ciera do stuff.   It was not bad, although I had to keep switching arms as 9 kilos (19.8 pounds) of dead weight starts to get heavy!  We went back in for 4:00 and out day was over.

 

We got home and dinner was waiting for us, Ciera was hungry so we ate.  We had water (which we did not in the morning) so I took advantage of that and we both had showers and put on our jammies….all by 6:00PM!! We were in bed and asleep by 9:00 and I had a blissful 4.5 hours uninterrupted sleep until Ciera fell out of bed at 1:30, it took until about 2:00AM to calm her down and then we slept until 8:00!!  Ciera did not even remember this in the morning.

 

I found today to be interesting with Ciera, normally she is quite quiet and reserved around people she does not know, but today she was not.  One of the Dr's who was there 4 years ago came in (same one as yesterday) and I asked if she remembered Ciera, she said yes.  I have a picture of them from when Ciera was a baby and I said I'd like another, so Ciera went over to her and the Dr. picked her up and Ciera was laughing and smiled for the picture!!!  She was also playing with our translator and talking a mile a minute the whole time we were there.  My take on it is that she feels totally comfortable there, I figure if the smell invokes memories for me (and I was only there for 3 weeks) then it must invoke memories (good) for her to as she lived there for almost a year.  So far so good with Ciera and with Mr. Baby!!!

No comments: