Monday, September 27, 2010

Settling into the routine

Ok, so I'm now going to post to the blog via email, the thing is I cannot see where the pictures are being placed as I can even view my blog right now due to the method my which I am connecting to the internet.  So no comments on bad picture placement please!
 
This post should catch me up to today!!
 

We have settled into our routine…up at 8:00…downstairs to meet our driver at 9:30, at the babyhouse for 10:00, get Mr. Baby up and changed and fed, then she spits up her juice on my pants, we get cleaned up and hang around in room 9 for a bit.  On an aside here….there is a very cute little girl in this room, we'll call her D, she must be about 11-12 months and she is not shy at all, she keeps walking over and taking our photo album and looks at the pictures and today she had Ciera cornered, Ciera just kept backing away from her and D kept poking at Ciera's shirt, it was quite funny.  Then D picked up this little play cell phone and held it up to her ear…I laughed, here is a child who I assume has been here for while and I guess from the odd occasion of seeing people do this she knows what to do with it!   Anyhow, after we have hung out in room 9 for awhile we head downstairs to a big central room, spread out our blanket and hang out, at 12:00 we pack up head back upstairs, change Mr. Baby's diaper (and yes Ciera is helping even though she said she would not change diapers!).  Ciera is helping feed her and give her bottles and is doing a pretty darn good job at this big sister thing!

 

For lunch we head across the street to the apt across from the BH and have lunch with the other families who are here with my coordinator, which as of the end of today I believe will now just be me!!  Then just before 2:00 we head back over to the babyhouse, Mr. Baby gets up from her nap, changed her diaper, feed her and head back downstairs.  At 4:00 we head back up and then out to meet our drive who brings us back to our apt.

 

Ciera is half asleep in the car but refuses to take a nap, so we hang out, have dinner and tonight we watched Nickeldeon in Russian, she may be fluent by the time we come home!!  She does not seem to mind that she has no idea what they are saying.  I was cuddling with her and I fell asleep, I woke up and she was almost asleep so I said time for bed? She said yes and was asleep in 5 minutes.

 

We both appear to be fighting colds, and hopefully we win.  Quite a few of the babies we have seen at the BH also have colds and Mr. Baby appears to have some chest congestion today also, so we are drinking lots of water, taking our vitamins and getting sleep!

 

As yesterday was Sunday we only have one visit, in the morning, so I asked our driver to pick us up at 5:00 instead of 12:00.  It was a beautiful and almost warm day so we wandered around a bit, and headed down the street to the Cosmonaut Hotel where we had been told there was an indoor pool and free Wi-Fi in the bar.   It is a beautiful hotel, the pool area is gorgeous, Ciera loves to swim and has been asking if we can go swimming.  We can buy a one month membership to the pool for about $240.00US, or we can pay each time we go approx $44.00US, it seems rather high to me, but perhaps the girls there and I did not quite understand each other, we just want to use the pool not work out.  Although with all the eating I'm doing working out might not be a bad idea!! It's about a 10 minute walk from the apt we will be moving to, so I have it under consideration.

 

Mr. Baby was more smiley today and we had her laughing and giggling, she thought it to be terribly funny when she would lay on the floor and Ciera would lean over her and Ciera's hair would tickle her face!  She got a fistful a few times but Ciera said it was ok if she pulled it. It was cool and rainy today so we did not get to go outside.  She really is fascinated with Ciera, I'm guessing she has only ever seen adults and other babies.  If Ciera is behind me she will turn and twist her head and body to see Ciera.   Both times that I placed her back in her crib today for her nap she really started to wail, while sad to hear her it is good as it means she is enjoying her time with us, and she smiled as soon as she saw us this afternoon.  We are the good time people!!!

 

Today I was testing Mr. Baby's motor skills, she can roll from her back to her tummy, and going from her tummy to her back is a bit tricky, she gets part way and then poof she just rolls over from the momentum.  On her tummy she rocks back and forth a bit, but no real effort to crawl.  Holding her up with her feet on the floor she seemed to be enjoying bouncing up and down.   She does sit up on her own pretty well but does topple over at times.  Her two front bottom teeth have broken through and she really enjoys chomping away on toys!!!  She was also pretty chatty today.

 

Well that's it for now….I'm heading off to bed before I fall asleep on the computer!!

 

Night all!

 

Sorry I could not resist posting this one picture, I love the happiness on Ciera's face!!!

 

3 comments:

Michele said...

I too love the picture of Mr Baby squishing Ciera. Ciera, you certainly seem to be having fun! Mr. Baby works for me for now.

Diane, I was thinking of you yesterday as we saw people who had obviously finished the marathon. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon, but the morning had been cool and cloudy. I'm sure watching Mr Baby and Ciera was a much bette way to spend the day.

Maureen Powers said...

Congrats on arriving in Karaganda safe and sound! We just returned from our trip to pick up our son 2 weeks ago. Judging from your description, I have a feeling I know who Mr. Baby is! She is definitely a cutie!

Sounds like your visits are going great. Wishing you a continued smooth and safe process!

Julian and Sara said...

It sounds like everything is proceeding well for you all. And that you are settled (or will be once the jet lag/time inversion works its way through your systems). Can we conclude from your positive posts that you are definitely "proceeding" with Mr. Baby? All the best