Tuesday, September 21, 2010

We are almost off......

In less than 24 hours Ciera and I will be airborne!

The past 11 days have been a roller coaster, my emotions are all over the map.

So the dog is at his "sleepover", the cat and house sitters are all arranged, the laundry is done, some stuff is organized, the lawn has been mowed, I have about a million notes on my kitchen counter, the banks have been called to notify them I will be overseas.....now all I need to do is finish up some work (for work) and actually put our stuff in suitcases, and then do a last minute cleanup of the house!

Packing for me is easy...packing for Ciera for 5 weeks is a bit boggling. Movies, school work, books, art stuff, her flotilla of fish for sleeping with, games, puzzles, some food (Rice Krispies), oh right and she actually needs some clothes.

I can't believe my next post will be from Karaganda!!!!

11 comments:

amanda vigale said...

Wow you are almost there, I remember so well the feelings we also took our 10 year old daughter with us and found packing for her much harder than for us, hopefuly is is not too cold, we had to spend 24 hours in Karaganda due to fog issues in Almaty in Jan it was so cold. Cannot wait to hear you are both safe and sound in Kaz and look forward to following your journey.

MaryLisa Dincel, RHN said...

so did the Visa arrive??? Hope you have an amazing trip!!! Can't wait to follow... It was nice meeting you're sister - I hope the stuff comes in handy. Let me know if you have any questions.. You're almost there!!!! I'm so excited for you and Ciera! You're going at the best time of the year too - not too hot and not too cold... awesome. Enjoy!!!!!

Julian and Sara said...

Best of luck! Safe travels.

tac said...

CONGRATS!! Enjoy your time in Karaganda.

sue and craig said...

Best of luck!! Have a great trip. How exciting for Ciera to go back to her country of birth!!
Looking to hear from you from the other side of the world!!

The Bradshaws!

Dean and Janie said...

So thrilled for you. Can't wait to see your new addition!

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Wishing you all the best!!!! Safe travels, and many happy memories. Susan

Jen said...

I'm looking forward to hearing how your first days and weeks in Karaganda go - good luck!! Hope to see you there soon! Jen P

Jason and Rebecca said...

How wonderful! Can't wait to see pictures and hear about your new little one.

Beth said...

Safe travels!! Looking forward to your posts from my son's birthplace and the city we spent 4 weeks in during the fall of 2008, Karaganda! be sure to visit the open markets...and Mickey's House! We went to the circus while we were there - what an experience! Enjoy!!

Lou Ann said...

Wow that means you must be traveling right about now!!!I hope you have a safe uneventful trip and are just getting settled into your apartment or hotel. I look forward to following your journey and meeting your newest little one. How exciting!!

Lou Ann & Lexie too