Monday, November 1, 2010

Bath Day!!!

This morning, just after all the babies had finished their breakfast, I heard one of the caretakers say "mama, mama" and I knew she was talking to me as right now I am the only mama there!  Irina said, "she wants to know if you want to give Mr. Baby a bath" (ok she used her name!).  I said "ok" so off we went into the back room where she had filled a baby tub with water.  I put my hand in and normally there is no way I would have put a baby in water that hot and I said so and the caretaker put her hand in and waved me off, apparently it's the temperature they always use, even Ciera thought it hot.  I tried to put Mr. Baby in and she must have thought it hot too as she tried to pull her legs out but the caretaker slid her in.  She LOVES her baths (seems like we will be having many long baths at our house in the future!), she got her hair washed, all soaped up and was laughing and smiling for the whole event.  Between the caretaker, Ciera and myself she got all cleaned up.  We got her out of the tub into a blanket, dried her off and then the caretaker slathered cream on her, on my gosh she smelt so good, I could have just eaten her up.   Irina was the photographer for the event and did a great job!!!

 

Other than that it was an uneventful day, it was another glorious day here…sunny and 15C or so, and apparently that's the forecast for the rest of the week which is as far as we get a forecast for.  You will not hear any complaints from me about this weather!!  We were even told today "take your babies outside".

 

Ciera brought her Halloween loot bag to the babyhouse this morning and continued to hand out candy to Irina, the caretakers and to Dr. L.  Dr. L tried to tell her to keep it but Ciera insisted she take it, so she did.  The less Ciera has the better, although she did not have much but it's enough.  One of the treats was very tasty watermelon flavoured marshmallow.  You know those marshmallow bananas?  Same thing only watermelon flavoured!!

 

When I went to put Mr. Baby in her crib this afternoon, I opened the door and did a double take….there was a baby already in her crib!  I went further in to see who it was and it was little A who's crib is beside hers. I wondered for a second if they had changed cribs, then I went out and motioned to one of the caretakers to come in and I pointed and laughed, she laughed too and called in the other caretaker to see!  I guess one of them was rather tired this afternoon to put little A in the wrong crib.

 

We are having a chill evening here, we got home from the BH, had our snack and Ciera said "can I watch tv?", I said "sure" and she has been laying on the bed for 2 hours now, and I did check and she is awake.  We've been pretty much doing something everyday lately after the babyhouse so today I figured we could both use some down time, and each of us some alone awake time.  I took advantage of this time to do the dishes, read, talk for a few minutes on the phone (uninterrupted by Ciera), download my pictures from my camera and write this!  Looks like I have the evening free now to watch a movie.

 

Today's Pictures:

-       bath time!

-       Mr. Baby cuddling with her soft toy blanket.  As we are leaving in 2 weeks I wanted to leave something with her for the time we are gone, so I started to leave this with her yesterday, she seems to like it.

-       Ciera outside in the BH play ground burning off some sugar

-       Two peas in a pod, they have definitely bonded, it's a bit scary how similar they are, I'm in big trouble with these two in a couple of years J

-       Just for you Sara here's a picture of my new boots, I hope you are not too disappointed that they are not stilettos!!!

2 comments:

Dean and Janie said...

What fun!

Maureen Powers said...

Great idea about leaving the blanket for Mr. Baby. We did the same thing for our son (who happened to be in the same room as Mr. Baby, BTW - I recognize Mr. Baby's profile from when we were visiting our son). Anyway, our son used his blanket quite a bit (and still does) to self-soothe, esp. when we were transitioning home.

Love your posts!