Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time out!!!

Holy cow today was a rough day, Ciera spent almost the entire afternoon in time outs, I don't know what is going on with her (actually she told me she does not want to go home to Canada that's why she is acting so bad, go figure eh?) but it was a looooonnnggg afternoon at the babyhouse.   I tried ignoring it, but when she is downright rude and totally not thinking as she does know better, I told her that was it, no more second chances she is going right into time out, hence our afternoon….sigh.  This included being physically removed from the table at lunch, into a sobbing time out and then having to apologize to our friends who were here for her manners and behaviour at the lunch table.  On the bright side our evening was better!!  I know the days becoming a bit (understatement) boring for her, heck they are for me too, we are at something like day 42 at the babyhouse so I get it, but man oh man what a trying day.

 

On the brighter side I had a pampered 2 hours this evening!!  Oxana found me a salon to get my nails done, (yeah Oxana!!!), she made the appt for me and told them I spoke no English so when I got there I had to phone her and she told the technician what I wanted (basically what I had, only shorter and filled).  She even called a taxi for me and told them the address I needed to go to.  Ciera sat still for 2 hours, she watched Ariel for about 1.5 of those and was pretty patient.  This woman did an amazing job, now I like my nail person at home as she gets it done in 45 minutes and she does a good job, but this woman wow the detail she went into, I was there just over 2 hours.  They look great, I totally recommend this place, it's called the Butterfly Salon and all they do is nails.  I will add the address to my "things to do in Karaganda" link when I get back home.   The price was even less than I pay at home, so I am a happy camper, clean short white nails (French manicure, I feel human again).  When I was leaving they called a taxi for me and walked me out to it, how is that for service?  I know I have mentioned it before but everywhere I go here the service is above and beyond what I expect and way beyond what I typically get at home.  North America needs to get back to the old fashioned way of service.  Hmm, now about my hair….wondering if I should even attempt to get it cut here, I'm at 7 weeks for a haircut (I normally go every 6) and it totally needs it…maybe this weekend, we'll see how brave I feel….David any thoughts??!!!!

 

The only service that gets me a bit crazy is the bank, there is only ever one teller open and when I went at 1:30 today, I was told she was at lunch and to come back at 2:00!  Can you imagine the rampage if that happened at home?  When I went back at 4:00 there were 4 people in front of me, now mind you we can sit and wait while watching Russian music videos and everyone knows who is next and no one tries to butt in, the security guy knows the order.  By the way, you know you have been here awhile when the security guy in the bank nods and says hello to you when you walk in J and when you start humming along with the tunes on the videos and radio, I even caught Ciera humming along to one today!  Acck there is on tune going through my head now…….

 

Mr. Baby was her usual charming self today!!  Her knees are starting to really get engaged in her crawling but still using her elbows at the front, but she can scoot along pretty fast when she is motivated.  She is also no longer allowing the other babies to take toys away from her, I watched her this afternoon with P who was in a walker, she would taunt him with it and when he reached for it…bam she would pull it away, if he managed to grasp it she still pulled it out of his hands.  She is fearless and strong (oh no not another one!) she laughs when she tips over from a standing position (I catch her), when you swing her around or throw her up in the air a little and she really loves music.  This morning in the play room one of the babies was banging on a xylophone and Mr. Baby started bopping her head back and forth and then dragged herself over to it and took over.  She played on it for quite a while, until I had to pry her grip off of it.

 

My lawyer is heading to pre-court tomorrow morning, I've been told I don't need to be there so I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well tomorrow.  If it does, we head to court next Wednesday.  Keep your fingers and toes crossed for us!!!

 

Pictures today:

-       Mr. Baby in the play room, I turned away from her, turned back (I swear for a second) and this is the pose she was in.  Now granted she could not figure out how to get out of it, but how did she get like this in the first place?!!  See I am totally in trouble J

-       Some serious sister talk happening here, just moments before this their heads were together and they were both laughing, I absolutely LOVE these moments

 

P.S. My apologies for what I am told was a double post for my dad yesterday, my connection froze as I had started to send it and I was "told" it was not sent so I sent it again, ahhh you have to love dial up!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Hang in there! I so so rememeber Xiuzhu and how she was at the end of the weeks!
HUGS

Unknown said...

Hi Diane,

I've been reading your blog daily but don't always have time to post a comment.

I LOVE the pictures of the girls! So cute! Hopefully today Ciera will be back to her happy self!

Hope you get good news from your lawyer! Everything else seems to be going smoothly so I am sure this will too!
Take care, Carrie