Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A short tribute for my dad

One year ago today my dad passed away.  He had been in the hospital for almost 6 months and while we knew he would not be coming home, we kept up hope that he would at least come out of the hospital.
 
So here I sit one year later half a world away from home, getting ready to go to court next week and start preparations to bring my new little daughter home and into our family.  Not a day goes by that I don't miss my dad and think of him in some way.  I talk about him to Ciera to give her memories of him and to help keep the memories she has of him alive for her.  It makes me so very sad to know that my 2nd daughter will not get a chance to meet her poppa.  While we don't have lots of pictures of Ciera with poppa, T will have none.
 
My dad knew of my plans for a 2nd child and while he worried (dad was always a worrier) of how I would manage on my own, I know he was supportive.
 
My new daughter is named to honour him and I hope that somehow we can bring his memory alive for her too even though she will never meet him or have him hold her.  This picture is my dad and Ciera the day we arrived home, it was the first time he held her. 
 
thanks again for everything dad, we love you and we miss you.
 
 

1 comment:

Sheila said...

What a beautiful post! I am sure your Dad was a beautiful individual,look at his truly amazing daughter!
Hugs!