Sunday, November 14, 2010

Last day in Karaganda...this trip

I apologize for the delay in posting, it was a rough last day and a blur ever since!
 
Wow, our last day, hard to believe that after 7 weeks that this was our last day.  The time here did not seem like it was 7 weeks.  It was a tough day, last night I packed a bag for Mr. Baby, this included 3 outfits with feet in the pants as she likes to pull her socks off and 4 weeks worth of diapers, I carried the bag over in the morning as I knew the afternoon would be hard enough.   When Irina (our housekeeper) arrived at the apartment we took pictures with her and said goodbye to her, she enjoyed playing with Ciera every morning so Ciera got lots of hugs from Irina this morning.   When we arrived at the BH I got Mr. Baby up and tried not to think things like "this is the last time I will do  this for 4 weeks", I was teary from the word "go" this morning.   I held her to a long time and the Dr came in to check her lungs, she said they are clearing (thank goodness).  When Irina (our translator) arrived, I picked up the bag and tried to talk but I kept choking up, I finally got it out and she handed it over to the nannies with the explanation.   I did not want to put Mr. Baby down today, and she was pretty content to be held, but I knew she had to play and get moving.  She "crawled" over to a walker, put up her hands on it, got to her knees and POOF she was standing, I could not believe it......I was so surprised, and grateful that she had not waited another day to show me this new trick!   Hard to believe that 7 weeks ago this child could not sit without falling over and now this!  I made her promise she would not walk before I got back :-).   M has promised to knock her down if she tries to walk!!!!
 
Our US friends came to our place for lunch as did Irina, the kids had a blast playing and I threatened them that NOTHING was to come out of a suitcase as I had been up until 1:00AM packing!!!!   All too soon it was time to head back over to the BH and say bye to Irina.  I will see her again when I come back but Ciera won't be with me.  We took some pictures and shared hugs, with me fighting tears.....as we turned to walk away Ciera turned back to her, holding up Mama Fish, and said "Fishy loves you", I saw Irina's eyes fill with tears....ha I was not the only one!!
 
In the afternoon my girls headed downstairs to room 2 so we could take a group photo with the other Canadian families there, then back up to our room to take pictures with the families currently in room 4.  Mr. Baby I think sensed something was up as now she had a pretty firm grip on my shirt.  I kept telling Ciera that she might want to stop playing with R for a few minutes and play with her sister as this will be the last time she sees her for 4 weeks.    I gave her her last extra juice/water, changed her diaper and placed her in one of her 3 outfits, I could barely get the buttons done up through my tears.  I called Ciera in to cuddle with us for a few minutes, she sat on my lap and asked me why I was crying, I told her I was sad as we would not see her sister for 4 weeks, she then quietly snuggle with us and then I told her to give her a kiss and a hug.  I got up and took her into the sleep room, tears were streaming them but I was trying not to sob, I put her into her crib and she started to cry. I placed her little blankie on her and I hope it manages to stay with her until I get back.   I walked out of the sleep room and the nannies were watching me, how many times have they seen this same thing go happen, it must be hard for them to watch.  I got my jacket on and picked up all our stuff, I was taking the backpack that we had left there for the duration.  When I got outside my US friends were waiting, we hugged and then we left.  M has promised to send me updates, as I did for her.
 
Ciera and I walked to the grocery store to get some snacks for the airport and the planes, then we headed home to finish up packing.  Ciera was quiet after that so I know she is affected now too.
 
Pictures:
 - Mr. Baby showing off her standing skills
- best buds!!
- is this all for me??!!!
 
 
 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hoping you both made it safely home by now. I love bouncing between yours and M's blogs to see the two kids together.

Hoping the days and weeks fly by, and that Mr. Baby is home soon!

Anonymous said...

Reading this post brings back the memory of leaving my little one. It's so tough to do but you know they are so well cared for and you'll soon be back. It's good to hear that Irina (the translator) was teary when Ciera said goodbye because I've been trying to convince Irina to come to Canada for a visit and now she has another dear friend (Ciera) to visit over here. (Irina spoke very fondly of Ciera in a recent email I received from her so I can see how much she enjoyed her time spent with Ciera!) Can't wait to meet you all in Canada!

Dean and Janie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Have a safe and blessed journey home!