Saturday, November 6, 2010

My baby is sick

Mr. Baby was officially diagnosed with bronchitis today and she was started on liquid (thank goodness) antibiotics and some sort of medication to help clear her lungs.  Yes, I should know what it is, but I just go to to the drugstore hand them the note that the Dr wrote for me, they pull it off the shelf, tell me how much it is, I pay and walk back to the BH and give it to her Dr.   Poor thing has been breathing so badly for weeks now, I am glad she will have something.  Apparently she had some other antibiotics before and now these are different, I know this makes me sound like a bad mom that I have no clue what my child is on but here you just go with the flow.   If she were at home there is no way I would be waking her up after a 2 hour nap, I would just be letting her sleep, but again.....you go with the flow.  She was really bagged after her nap before lunch, she lay on me for quite a while and she never does this, she even sat quietly on my lap this afternoon, again something she rarely does!  She is a very curious baby indeed!  I hope she gets a good nights sleep and after being on the antibiotics for a day she is feeling better.
 
The new mom that is here starting bonding with her daughter, has a friend with her and the friend looked at Mr. Baby this afternoon and said to her "do you know your sister never stops talking?!!!!"  I laughed out loud, and said "yep, late to walk and talk and has stopped doing neither since!"   This was particularly funny as they have only been with us for 3 visits now!!!   Ciera has once again amazed me with her comfort level here, she met this woman yesterday and today she is sitting on her lap, and giving her a hug good bye this afternoon.    It's a good thing we are only here another 5 days as with the another family coming with their son tomorrow it will be mayhem in room 4, especially since we were told today that we have to stay in our room until the babies are better.  This means not being able to go down to the playroom or the big central room as they want to confine the germs.   I think I will take some Advil before heading out in the morning!
 
I wanted to head downtown this afternoon to run a few more errand but Ciera just wanted to watch tv, I pray she is not getting sick too, after she was in bed she told me she was hot and cold.....no, please no.   I told her then that we have to run more errands now tomorrow and she agreed, we'll see if she remembers that tomorrow.
 
Ciera was so cute again today and ran back in to tell her sister a story before we left for the day "Once upon a time there was a little girl named"...darn I can't finish the story right now.....but it was very cute and ended with "the end"
 
Not much else to say today........I'm tired and heading to bed too........I am already starting to dread packing up later this week, it's going to be hard on many levels.
 
Todays pictures:
- Ciera was playing with Sophie the giraffe this afternoon and  with the stacking ring base we thought it looked like a giraffe at the zoo eating leaves off a tree...so she took a picture of it
- Before breakfast this morning, Mr. Baby on her knees (she's going to figure out how to get to her feet soon and I'm going to miss it) "talking" to her sister.

1 comment:

Dean and Janie said...

So sorry your little one is sick. I pray Cierra doesn't get sick as well. Blessings for an easy time packing and errand running.

janie