Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A prelude to court

Several other families went to court today and all were successful...so that's a good sign for us tomorrow!  I gave Ciera the pre-court pep talk tonight....no talking and interrupting, no goofing around and talk only if you are asked a question.  Our translator Irina is coming with us to help keep her occupied so it should all be good.
 
The sun came out today for the first day in, I think, a week so it was good to see it, and it helped warm things up a bit, and so we were allowed to take the babies outside this afternoon, yeah!  It was a bit mucky for Ciera and R to play but they managed to keep reasonably clean.  I think the babies and the kiddies should sleep well tonight.
 
Mr. Baby was so smiley and happy today, I am so glad she is better as I would hate to leave her being sick. But does she have to be so cute and start being so cuddly 2 days before I leave?! What's up with that?   They do this ventilation thing with steam on all the babies who are coughing and when Mr. Baby had it done today, Ciera went over and held her hand through the while 5 minutes.   Those are the moments I think "wow, she really is a good kid".  Mr. Baby is almost getting her knees into the crawl now and she is pulling herself up onto her knees to kneel, I have not seen her get to her feet yet but I'm sure by the time I get back she will, sad but likely true.  I just hope they remember she is not quite yet 10 months (ok, next week) and don't try to encourage her to walk while I am gone!!
 
This evening after the babyhouse Ciera and I headed out to Asia, a souvenir store.  I have the name written down in Russian and I know where it is, however I don't know the street name, but somehow I managed to direct the taxi driver there, he seemed to think it was quite amusing!!  After we left there we walked over to the Kazak Theatre for a show at 6:30.  We bought our tickets (found out when we were seated they were 2nd row!), and went inside.  It is absolutely gorgeous, the pictures I have attached do not do it justice.  It was built just 2 years ago, and it shows that a great deal of national pride went into this theatre.  We checked our coats, figured it was safe to do so here without experiencing the coat check crush later as it was not too busy.  As we were early we decided to have a snack.  We split a very yummy piece of cake and a "chai" (that's how you say tea in Russian).  I knew the tea would be good when I saw the woman put 2 spoons of condensed milk into a little tiny cup (and I thought only the Bajans did that!).  I think it's cool that both my heritage and my kids heritage "do" tea the same way!!  We went up a grand staircase and into the theatre itself, again just beautiful.  The show was a musical comedy and I had no idea what to expect.  We were asked twice if we wanted headsets to translate the show into Russian (everything in this theatre is in Kazak) and I had to decline as I said "English".  The first person looked at me really oddly and giggled, the 2nd seemed to take it in stride.
 
The show was great, while we could not follow totally we got the general gist but the best part was that they all wore traditional Kazak outfits, and they were all very stunning outfits.  There were some parts we laughed at as the characters were funny, and the show itself was just over an hour long which was perfect!  Ciera liked that there were "knights", Genghis Khan looking guys in it.
 
After we got home, I cleared out our closet leaving only the clothes we need for the next 2 days and our flight home and put the rest in the other bedroom. Right now I am supposed to be in there trying to get this stuff into suitcases so I know how big a bag I need to buy tomorrow, but quite frankly I really don't feel like it, but I will clear off the coffee/craft table....maybe!  I might just go to bed and try to sleep and await the alarm going off at 7:30 as we have to be at the babyhouse to get picked up at...9:00...9:15....9:18....9:25, don't worry we will be there (these were the exact words of my coordinator!).
We will be there for 9:00.  Stay tuned for our next post.....and the judge said.........
 
Today's pictures:
- Mr. Baby's tiny hand on mine
- Ciera having chai at the theatre
- Ciera and I in our seats at the theatre
- pictures of the inside of the theatre
 
 

3 comments:

Julian and Sara said...

Best of luck with court - our fingers are crossed for you.

sue and craig said...

Thinking of you today. Good luck at court!

Lou Ann said...

I hope court goes as well for you today as it did for the other families yesterday.

Best of luck!