Friday, November 5, 2010

Tender moments

This morning as we were walking through the hallway downstairs at the babyhouse on our way to the playroom we ran into Dr. Lud, she was Ciera's Dr. when she was a baby as well as being Mr. Baby's Dr now.  We stopped to chat for a second and we were right by room 2, suddenly she put her hand on Ciera's shoulder and motioned for her to follow her, she led us into room 2, where she told us Ciera had been as a baby.  She showed us which cribs had been Ciera's and she told the caretakers in the room who Ciera was (it's kind of like she is a little pop star or something).  It was so sweet, I stood there looking in at it with tears in my eyes. I asked if it was ok to take a picture and was told yes.  Ciera was thrilled to see it and asked me alot of questions about it.  There are a few younger babies in that room, one is a little one month old baby, so tiny and so sweet, and yet so very sad.  I joked and asked if I could take more than one home with me, ok, not so much a joke as I would if I could no question about that.  Dr. Lud has an amazing memory as she also mentioned that she remembered Ciera's medical from when she came into the babyhouse from the city where she had been born.
 
When I am ready to put Mr. Baby in her crib when we leave I always ask Ciera to give her sister a kiss and a hug, this afternoon she did so and I put Mr. Baby in her crib and went back out to tell Ciera to put her coat on.  Ciera said wait one second I just want to see my sister and she ran into the sleep room.  I opened the door to peek in and there was Mr. Baby facing Ciera and Ciera down on her knees with her hands through the crib posts talking to her sister.  I have no idea what she said, I didn't ask but it was so very tender and cute. 
 
We had a better day today, I hope we are on a behaviour upswing! 
 
There is one new mom in our room, starting her bonding with her daughter, she is from France.  There is another family from France in the room across the hall with their son, so they came into our room this afternoon and we all chatted a bit, thank goodness they speak English!
 
The babies in our room are starting to get sick again and several were running fevers today, it's interesting to watch the production line as they take the temperature of 6 babies, one after the other.  Mr. Baby is not running a temp but her nose is all yucky again and her cough....well it's never really left anyway so I'm not concerned about that.  But I really want to just get her home to get her out of the cycle!  My bigger immediate fear though is that they tell us Ciera cannot visit due to the virus.  I read Ciera the riot act this afternoon to stop putting the baby toys in her mouth (she likes to pretend she is a baby), I told her it's going to be hard enough flying home, but flying home with her sick would be brutal.
 
This evening we did some very brief gift shopping, headed home for dinner and some relaxation.  The next week will be busy so getting our down time in while we can.
 
A week at this time from now we will have landed in Toronto....wow....hard to believe.
 
Today's picture:
 
Ciera talking to Mr. Baby this afternoon.
 
 

2 comments:

minime0910 said...

Thank you for letting me follow along on your blog, I just love reading happy adoption stories and I am so glad all is going well for you, Ciera, and Mr. Baby! Loved today's pic as well!! Good luck with court! Erin (mom to Hannah from Shymkent)

MaryLisa Dincel, RHN said...

wow I've missed alot on your blog...I returned to work 2 weeks ago so just catching up... Good luck at court on Wednesday!!! I'll be thinking of you... and have a safe trip home...
all the best!
MaryLisa