Friday, October 29, 2010

Hot Dog Pizza?

Yes, you read that right……Ciera and I were attempting to go the Aladdin Café for dinner, we've been told it's a fun place for kids and we were told where it was.  I went up the right street, I asked at one store (miming eating and pointing at Ciera) and was pointed further up the street.  We kept walking and finally I saw a place that had balloon drawings on it so we went up and it was a restaurant and it had a play place but I still have no idea if it was the place we were looking for, I'll find out tomorrow.  In any event we went in and were seated, I asked "English?" and was rewarded with a shake of the head, no, ok both the girl and I laughed and we managed pretty darn well.  The girl wrote the word Pizza on a pad of paper and I said yes for me and looked up the Russian word for cheese, I was trying to order a cheese pizza.  Ciera wanted chicken nuggets and fries, so we got frites (fries) ordered and both the waitress and I were miming chicken, I made a round circle with my fingers to indicate nuggets and even pulled out my Mag and Daks menu to point at them.  The waitress pointed at something on the menu, indicating it was chicken and she indicated it was good.  Ok, lets have that too, plus a Sprite and milk (I can write the word for milk in Russian now!), no milk, no sprite….Cola…ok I'll have that.  Juice?  She drew a picture of an apple….ok apple juice it is.  Ciera and I went off for her to play while we waited for our food. There was the usual slides, a small old fashioned playground merry go round, a teeter totter and a trampoline!! Ciera played for a bit and my pizza came so we went over to eat while it was hot.  I looked at it and thought "hmm that's not just cheese" and my first thought was "aggh mushrooms!" and Ciera said "look, it's hotdogs!!!", I looked closer and sure enough it was sliced hot dogs under the cheese on my pizza.  I grimaced took a bite and wow….surprisingly good who wold have thought?!!!   Ciera's fries were yummy, and her chicken was quite good too except it did have mushrooms on it.    She ate ½ of my pizza due to the hotdogs!!!   Ciera had a great time bouncing away on the trampoline and even Mama Fish was bouncing. I got to sit and relax Sleepy smile

 

Mr. Baby is doing well, she has not been herself the past 2 days and the other parents are saying the same about their children, we think it's the flu shots they all received the other day.  Mr. Baby seemed better this afternoon.  I do have to pick up some medication for her tomorrow at the pharmacy, her Dr. wrote out for me today what I have to pick up, she will take this until she gets to Canada and then she will see our Dr.  This is for the slightly elevated number in her blood test result.   We spent sometime with another family in the big room this morning and when we went down I put her on the floor in front of the dad and she just started wailing.   There are no men who work at the baby house so she was unsure of him, once I picked her up she stopped crying but she did keep a close eye on him for the rest of our visit!  I had her in the carrier this afternoon and one of the other dads came over and she was fine, I think it's likely because I was holding her.

 

I apologize for our lack of a post yesterday, everything is fine.  I had a wicked headache most of the day yesterday and last night I was working on re-booking our flights home, then went to bed.  We were originally booked to leave Karaganda today so the change had to get booked yesterday.  We are now booked to return home to Canada on the 12th!  While we will happy to get home, we will also be sad to leave here.  Not only due to the fact we will be leaving Mr. Baby here for 4 or so weeks, but we will both miss our life here and the friends we have made.  We have certainly added more people to our extended family and I know we will all keep in touch but it's just not the same as seeing them everyday.  When you have limited people to talk to on a daily basis you do tend to bond very quickly with them!

 

Tomorrow night we are heading to a Kazak show with 5 other families.  One of the families went to buy the tickets this evening and we ran into them downtown and they told us that our tickets were free!  They were told that we would be their guests, best as they could figure someone heard them speaking English and extended some wonderful Kazak hospitality.  I am very much looking forward to it, I have no idea what to expect but I know it will be special to us whatever it is.

 

Today's pictures:

-       Ciera in the city park collecting rocks…..our luggage will be more overweight due to her growing rock collection.

-       Ciera and Mama fish on the trampoline

-       Ciera and Mama fish on the slide ( if you look closely you will see the design in the carpet…..Spiderman, how cool is that?)

-       I don't know what these cookies are but oh my gosh they are GOOD! I am liking the Ramstore Open-mouth smile

-       Mr. Baby (loosing her pants" trying to make her escape from room 4

 

1 comment:

Michele said...

I gather that you are leaving on the 12th, so you'll arrive in Canada on the 13th?
I do love the pictures, especially the ones of Ciera picking rocks and Mr. Baby escaping off the rug :-).
I know you will both be glad to be home, but sad to leave at the same time. Just think Mr Baby will be home for Christmas.
I'll have to look for those cookies when I'm in Uralsk.