Saturday, October 16, 2010

I totally got cuddled today!!!!

I was so thrilled!!  I got Mr. Baby up this morning and for the first time she really cuddled on me, I sat down and she snuggled right onto my chest and stayed there for the longest time I didn't want to get up.  I know there is lots of that ahead but the first time is a real thrill.  I had to get up as her Dr. (Dr. L) came in and wanted to listen to her chest, she said she sounds better and that Mr. Baby looks a lot better than when she last saw her.  Dr. L had been on vacation for 60 days (nice eh!) and when she came back she could not believe the change in her.   She also said to get her moving (which I am) to help her cough and clear it out, she also did some trick in her mouth with a spoon to make her cough, but I said I couldn't do that!!  She laughed and agreed.   Mr. Baby also cuddled with me again just before I put her down for her afternoon nap, I'd say she is pretty used to me now.  Ciera was so cute today, one little boy came near Mr. Baby and Ciera said "don't hurt my sister", she is protective of her already…also a good thing.

 

It was a beautiful day again today, so we were allowed outside this afternoon. I personally think the fresh air helps the babies, and it's great to let Ciera out to run, and run she does…literally out the door, no idea what I'm going to do with her once the weather gets too cold to go out during our visits.

 

After we left the babyhouse this afternoon Ciera and I went shopping with M from Spain.  M speaks a little bit of English and I speak no Spanish, but we had a good time.  We had one shopkeeper very confused as she heard M speak and then Ciera and she said "English? Español?" we laughed and told her which of us was which!  We were no successful on out boot mission, although I now know where to go if/when I need boots, the bazaar is a boot lovers heaven!   Ciera was not very cooperative and every pair of boots we saw for her she said "naa", there was one pair she liked but they did not have her size.  I might just go back to the place over the grocery store and get the ones there that we both liked.  While I thought the price was high there, it is in line with what we saw today.  I tried on a gorgeous red wool coat (car length), I love the shopkeepers here, they size you up and pull out something that fits you…to a T.   They hold it for you, put it on you, then button it up and tie the belt (if there is one), then when you go to take it off they do the same and then they hang it up…not like at home at all where the people in the store ignore you ½ the time!   Then all 3 of the women in the store offer their opinions and pull out more stuff.  There was a beautiful lavender one too, but I wonder if that is too "trendy" and not be wearable in a couple of years. Hmm, maybe I will go back and try it on….thoughts on lavender being trendy or not?  They are all really beautiful wools, nice and soft and not cheaply made.  I tried on one in another store and when I asked if it was wool, I was told it was Llama. M and I looked at each other and said "llama?".

 

Poor Ciera had another mini-meltdown tonight "I wanna go home" as she sat crying on my lap, her behavior of late has not been good, really so very unlike her.  I really feel for her, she is away from her home (although she told M that she liked the apt better than our house!), her friends, her activities, her pets and really for her being at the babyhouse 4 hours a day is pretty dull.  I knew it would be hence the suitcase full of stuff for her to do, but she has not even looked at even a ¼ of it, she prefers to follow me around!   Tonight though she is sleeping in her "tent".  Yesterday at lunch Ciera and Irina (translator) made a tent in the 2nd bedroom (it's really like one big L shaped bedroom) with blankets and clothes pins, pinned to the bunk bed and the crib. Ciera decided she wanted to sleep in it tonight.  I told her I was not sleeping on the floor so if she wanted to she could.  I folded up 2 big soft blankets for her to sleep on, she has her pillow, her blanket, mama fish, and a dee dee and as far as I know she is asleep.  The overhead light is on in that section as she thought it too dark without it, I have not decided if I will leave it on or not when I go to bed.  I should see if I can buy a nightlight.

 

I am trying to find fun stuff to do with her to try and make the time pass a little faster for her, but there's not a lot that I can find.  Tomorrow we are hoping to go to a puppet show in the afternoon, so that will be fun.  I finally got all the info for the indoor pool so we will start to do that.  I've also been told that in the arcade place in the mall, in the back is stuff for the smaller kids to do, so we might check that out too.  I want to go to the museum but I'm not sure if she will like it or not….I suppose there is only one way to find out.

 

Today's pictures:

-       Ciera ready to sleep in her tent (I just went and checked her and she is sound asleep)

-       One of Ciera's random shots, I quite like this one.  I had 59 pictures today, at least 35 of them are Ciera's……the carpet, the ceiling, people with their heads cut off (as she presses the shutter her hand moves down)

-       Mr. Baby coming in for a hug!

2 comments:

Julian and Sara said...

Lavender would be perfect with your new stiletto boots. You would fit right in. :)

Yay to the hugs from Mr. B.

And hugs to Ciera - hope she gets over the blues.

Anonymous said...

Privyet Diane! I just wanted to say how inspiring it is to follow the adoption story of your second daughter. Now that Sairsha and I have been home 3 months I'm only beginning to adjust to life as a single mom to a very active toddler and I'm learning how much work parenthood is! It's so great that you have such a wonderful big sister to help out with your new little one. Ciera has been such a trooper! It's a long haul even for us adults and she has managed remarkably well judging from your blogs so far. This trip will be such a special memory for her in the years to come.
I hope you'll be off to court soon to make things official. Best wishes to you all! Can't wait to see Mr. Baby's true identity!
Cheers,
Colleen
P.S By the way, I did the same thing with a juice glass while I was there! (stuffed the dish towel inside to dry it and ened up breaking it and cutting myself) I guess we just wanted to leave a little of our DNA in our childrens' homeland!