Friday, October 22, 2010

It was a 2 bags of M & M's kind of night tonight

Some people drink, some people eat chips....me I go for the M & M's!  Of course if I didn't buy them in the first place it would not be an issue but for some odd reason I buy them.  I do not do this at home, before I got here I don't think I had purchased a chocolate bar in 2 months, I cannot begin to think of how many I have had here, I'm going to have to go into chocolate rehab when I get home.
 
It started out being a frustrating day, last night for no reason (that I can figure out) I lost my internet connection and for about 30 minutes I tried over and over but could not get it back, so I gave up.  This morning I tried again, no go, I could log in under the nursat account and saw that I still had time left so that was ok, there was a warning message that said I had not changed my password in 28 days and it suggested I do so...so I did.  Then when I tried to log in it told me that it did not recognize my username and/or password.....again I could log into nursat and check my account using my user name and my new password but I could not log in to use it!  All this before 9:00AM, so I gave up.  This afternoon I though ok fine, I'll just buy a new card and set up a new account, so I bought a new card got home and thought "hmm, I wonder what will happen if I change my password back to my old one", so I did and now it works......some days I really hate technology!!!
 
Mr. Baby has attached.....to me!  This afternoon I got her up from her nap, she was asleep and I had to wake her up (I really hate having to do that, especially since she is still coughing so much), we cuddled for a few minutes and when I laid her down on the change table she started to wail....and I mean wail, mouth wide open, tears pouring out, and loud, so I picked her up...she stopped immediately....I put her back down......back to the wailing...picked her up...she stopped, it was like a switch turning on and off.  She gripped onto my sweater and did not want me to put her down.  I finally got her diaper changed and went to put her in the highchair....same thing...until she realized her food was there.  Ok, so I'm second best to food, I can deal with that Open-mouth smile.  This afternoon the Dr. was holding her and checking her out and Mr. Baby kept looking back at me...this all makes me feel so very good.
 
Ciera had another bit of a rough day....I gave her a choice at lunch....take a nap and we'll go do something fun tonight or stay up and go to bed right after dinner...I was so surprised when she said stay up and go to bed right after dinner, and she was in bed at 7:45 (we ate late and then she needed a shower!).   I don't quite get it, she is sleeping 10-11 hours a night but she looks so tired and acts it too, so hopefully a good nights sleep will help that and her attitude.  I know she misses home, she told me tonight that mama fish wants to go home.  She wanted to look at pictures from home before bed and she was giving the cats all a rub as she looked at the pictures, it was so cute but sad at the same time.  She makes me want to cry...hence my 2 bags of M & M's tonight!!   I have promised her that tomorrow evenign we will go to the play place at the mall and then Mag & Daks (McDonalds like) for dinner.  I have an ulterior motive to go to the play place as I noticed the other night they have Halloween decorations up so I want to find out if they are doing anything for Halloween as we won't make it home for that.  I have not told her yet and I know she is going to be mad about that so I hope to be able to have some sort of consolation for her when I tell her.
 
Today's picture (it was a light picture day today!) has a story behind it.  I happened to look out the window this morning to see a truck dumping a load of bags onto the ground.  At first glance I thought it was coal and then as the truck pulled away I saw a bag had broken open...potatoes.....I am imagining that the babyhouse orders them in large bulk but I am curious how long it takes to go through this many potatoes.  I then noticed a door open to a "hatch" and realized it must be a root cellar and a man was carting down all these bags.  That's alot of potatoes!!
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that Mr. Baby has attched to her new Mama! Congrats! As for the M&M's, chalk them up to part of the process! (Just beware of the Vodka chocolates!)

Sheila said...

Trust me the M & M's are all part of the journey!!! For me it was 1/2glass of merlot, M & M's, BBQ chips
or a great bakery item, usually after both of my gems had fallen asleep!!!

Mr Baby sounds to know all the best things in life already!! Congrats mom!!

Xiuzhu was tired for 3 or more weeks and acted so!! I think it really was the change of time and all the excitment around. I kept her as busy as i could everyday! esp late afternoon till bed!!!

HUGS!!!

MaryLisa Dincel, RHN said...

yes OMG - we have never eaten as much junk as we did when we were there....it's all comfort when you don't have the comforts of home. Especially when you recognize the same brands we have!
So glad Mr. Baby is attaching well! Love to read your blog and see the great pics.... It's bringing back some good memories.
All the best and take care!!!