Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mr. Baby’s tests results were good!

This afternoon we made the trek to a private hospital where we had an appointment to review Mr. Baby's blood test results, Irina had the test results (which are now being translated for me and I will send to the U of M).  The Dr. looked at the test results, examined Mr. Baby and said that while one test was slightly higher than it should be she is basically fine.   This is what we had thought but it had to be checked out as it was listed on her babyhouse medical and there had to be an updated test for her immigration medical.   2500 Tenge to see a Dr. here at a private hospital, converted to Cdn that's about $18, again…makes you wonder about our health care system!!  She was quite thorough and said Mr. Baby is on target, etc, etc.  So good news!!  She will of course see Dr.'s when she comes home to Canada, but for now this rests my mind totally at ease.

 

Tonight Ciera, Irina, M and I went out for some shopping and dinner.  Oddly I was the only one who bought nothing, small correction came away without anything!!!  Ciera was thrilled when she walked into a toy store and there was a Knights outfit, ok it's just the shield, an arm thing and 2 swords but she looked like she had won the lottery.  We had a fun time at dinner, pizza and beer…ok Ciera had Sprite but we had a great time, a lot of laughs and I had tears saying goodbye to M.  It's amazing the bond you form with people here.  I had a beer from Czechoslovakia, it was a light beer and it was pretty tasty.  Both M and I looked up in surprise when our beers came to the table in glasses with bendy straws in them!!!  Irina says draft beer here is served with a straw, M and I both declined to drink from the straw.

 

We have the morning to ourselves tomorrow as there is another inspection at the babyhouse in the morning, so we don't have any plans until 2:00. I was thinking of sleeping in, but that bubble was burst when I realized Irina (the apt Irina), would still be here at 9:30 to start making lunch and dinner, sigh foiled again.

 

Today's pictures:

-       This is how I found Mr. Baby this morning when I went to get her up…..I hated waking her

-       Ciera and Mr. Baby "dancing", they were both laughing!!  Mr. Baby can't stand on her own so she thought it hysterical when she started to fall.  This afternoon I had popped Mr. Baby into a walker for a minute and I turned back around to see Ciera pushing her across the floor in it, I mean running!  They were both laughing so hard…great another thrill seeker  J

3 comments:

Michele said...

I love the joy on Ciera's face. She (and of course you, but...) has waited so long for her little sister (come on, in percentage of life lived she's waited longer LOL).
I can' wait to hear Mr Baby's laugh in person.
Beer with a straw!!!!! YUCK

Marion said...

nice to read these good news !!
I think to you very often..

Julie said...

What a beautiful and precious baby!!!