Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A morning off....

I have to confess…it was kid of nice not rushing out to the babyhouse this morning, I actually got to sit at the table and have a cup of tea, then we hung around the apartment for a bit and then went out for a walk.  Our friends who have lunch with us everyday came over around 12:30, we had lunch (yummy plov!) and then went to the BH.  Those 2 hours there flew by today, it was weird without M there, but her son was so funny.  He was placed in a walker and he zoomed right over to us and hung out around us for most of our visit.   Some of the babies, mine included, got a shot today I asked Irina to ask what it was and they are getting the flu shot.  It makes sense for them to do this due to the number of kids there, it must really minimize the illnesses but if I had been given a choice I likely would not have given it to her, but alas it's not my decision yet.

 

All in all we had a good visit, Mr. Baby was a bit quiet after her shot, she did cry and I comforted her afterwards, but some of the babies did not make a sound.  Ciera looked at those ones and said "how come he/she didn't cry, I always cry".   My head likes to think it didn't hurt but my gut tells me otherwise.

 

Mr. Baby definite loves Ciera, she watches every move she makes and she laughs at her all the time, in a good way!   She likes to look up at me too and I always get smiles too but it's always Ciera doing something goofy around her that really gets her going.  This afternoon there were some English pop tunes on the radio and we were singing away and had Mr. Baby up dancing, she really seemed to enjoy it.  

 

After we left the babyhouse we walked to a salon down the street to see if I could get my nails done (it's my one self indulgence!) they don't look too bad considering it's been 5 weeks but they are getting too long for me.   After doing some miming, they understood what I needed but I don't think they had anyone there to do it, they said "tomorrow?", I asked what time, they picked up a phone and were calling people so I guess they need to see who can come in.  I ended up asking for a card and will have Irina call them for me tomorrow, I could have continued to mime but I'm tired today and it just seemed easier to cave in and have Irina call tomorrow!!!  If anyone knows of a good place to get nails done in Karaganda please let me know!

 

This morning I had Ciera if she wanted to go swimming after the BH today, she said yes, but then she later changed her mind……I think she is tired too but just won't admit it, so an early night here for us I think. (Note: Ciera was asleep just after 8:30...she must have been VERY tired, as she is never asleep that early!!!)

 

Oh and I'm so excited I found a pile of books in the bedroom, I guess people have left them here and there are a few are in English that I have not read yet so yeah…more reading!!!

 

Pictures today:  Look how happy she is about this, how could I have said no?

-       Ciera in her knight get up while still in her Batman jammies this morning (BatKnight? hmm, a possible Halloween costume)

-       Ciera and Mama Fish in knight gear (we figured out that the arm thing fits mama fish as a chest plate and she can "hold" the small sword!)

2 comments:

Dean and Janie said...

What a nice day and what nice pictures.

Blackstone Cemetery said...

Love your posts - Diane. I think we are addicted! Can't wait to see how you are doing. Great pictures of Ciera and Mr. Baby - Mr. Baby looks so cute and I love the cheeks!!

The knight costume is great! Maggie did almost the same thing this summer. We went into a toy store and that was the one thing she wanted. She was really into Mulan at the time so we couldn't quite figure out the knight. When she got back to the cottage she put it on and announced that she was General Shang (the General in Mulan) and then she said I was Mulan!!

It was helpful when we went to the grocery store - she insisted in going in front of me to clear the marauding Mongolians. You never know who you might run into in Fortinos.

As I write this - I hear the sound of drills and saws - Hector is in full swing and working on his Halloween stuff until the wee hours of the morning. He is now painting a huge Mausoleum facade (which is taller than our garage!!) I hope you find some Halloween fun - it looks like Ciera the knight has already started!!

Sandy