Friday, October 15, 2010

We have company and heat!!

I cannot express how good it felt to sit and talk to other adults today!!!  To top it all off there is a family in our room now that has their son with them, so the kids got to play with each other.   It was an awesome day all round!!!!  It makes for a busy room, what with 5 or 6 adults, 2 kids,  3 babies on the floor plus the other babies, care givers and various people who pop in during the day, but the day did go by faster today.

 

Mr. Baby still sounds very congested (I was sure I could feel it moving in her chest today), but she was pretty happy today…and hot!  The heat is on in the babyhouse now and the combination of the heat and the people today made for a very hot room.  We went outside this morning just to cool off, but it was overcast and cool this afternoon so they did not let us take the babies out.  I will be wearing a short sleeved shirt tomorrow!!  Mr. Baby's head felt so clammy I felt bad for her, so I took her socks off this afternoon (so she was just wearing pants and a long sleeved onesie) her little feet were roasting.  I felt bad putting them and another pair back on, plus I put her long sleeved t-shirt on her as I don't want her to roast tonight, the sleep room is VERY warm in the morning.  I knew if I didn't the caregivers would, I won't be surprised if I see another shirt on her as well in the morning.  Her creeping is coming along and she can get from point a to point b pretty fast now by just dragging herself, I think she thinks there is no point to using her knees since she can get where she needs to without them!

 

The forecast for the weekend has changed, there is no longer rain/snow for Sunday, but we are going shopping for boots still.  We were supposed to go with M this afternoon, but she had to go to the notary, so we will go tomorrow instead.  Best to be prepared I think, the weather here changes very quickly.  We were all surprised when the clouds rolled in this afternoon as several of us had checked the weather and that was not what it said…..huh just like home…they must teach meteorologists the same things world wide!

 

Oh and yeah our apartment is warm….we have heat!  Apparently it gets turned on over several days one section of the city at a time and we have ours!!  Ciera went to bed saying she didn't want the covers and then asked if I had her short summer jammies as she was hot, I don't so she pushed up her pant legs and her sleeves. 

 

I don't know what was with Ciera tonight, after having a play mate all day, when we got home this afternoon she was literally following me everywhere.  She was constantly right behind me, I finally said to her "can't you go find something to do, why are you following me everywhere?" she answered "cause I love you", I swear she knows that this will get to me, she's too darn smart some days.

 

I would be remiss to not mention dinner tonight….crepes stuffed with yummy minced beef and there were 2 unstuffed ones on top.  Ciera ate one of the unstuffed ones at dinner but I had a wonderfully yummy thought that I am now going to execute…….I am going to put Nutella in the crepe and warm it in the microwave…….oh yeaaaaaah…..sinful (my healthy food eating has totally gone to pot here!)

 

Todays pictures:

 

- Ciera has learned how to use the camera so I get A LOT of unusable pictures, pictures of the floor, dozens of mama fish and ones like this!

- Mr. Baby still sleeping at 2:00, apparently even she thought it was too hot as she had pulled her socks off.  She likes to do that so she will fit right in… Ciera and I don't like socks either. It was sweet though as Ciera put her hand throught the crib rails and stroked her cheek to wake her up...just like I do to her.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Yeah, heat and companionship! I love the photos. I think you should post more of Ciera's photos, I'm sure the'd be a great addition.
I too am thinking of going out to buy winter boots this weekend. Luckily I won't need them here, yet. Ciera shows each day what a wonderful Mother she's has as she mother's Mr. Baby. Keep up the great work.
Have a great Saturday,

Julie said...

I remember how hot the baby house was - I was always sweating in there. We walked from the hotel so we dressed warmly but then roasted during our visit. I learned to dress in layers and usually ended up in a t-shirt and with my hair in a ponytail. It is nice that you have other people around to pass the time. I know it must be getting pretty boring at times. You are doing a great job!! I love reading this blog and seeing your beautiful girls bonding. Ciera is so sweet! Mr. Baby looks adorable and so tiny next to her. They will be best friends. If you get a chance eat at the Cosmonaut on a Sat. night (maybe to celebrate or something). We ate in the dining room a few times - sometimes we just got drinks and listened to the live music. We really enjoyed it. I wish it was closer so we could go back! It was never crowded, often just us in the entire dining room with the band and full service. Metafolk was the band - harp, violin etc. relaxing. PS - Greek Salad!!! YUM
Sorry if I already wrote this - I know one post didn't work before.
Keep positive and as busy as possible as you seem to be doing and soon you'll all be home together!!