Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Meeting new friends!

This evening we finally met up with M from Montreal and her sister, they are both very, very nice and we had a great time chatting with them.  We grabbed dinner at Uym (in the "food court") dinner for Ciera and I was $3.50 can't beat that!  Ciera likes it here as they put ketchup on mashed potatoes in lots of places, it's now going to be really hard to win that argument when we get home as I've always said "no".

 

The temperature has definitely dropped…significantly and there were a few snow flakes fluttering by earlier…good thing I bought some short boots today!   I asked the girl in the store if they were winter boots…her answer was "English winter, not Kazak winter" and she showed me the inside of a pair of boots for a Kazak winter…..wow lots of fluffy lining in those babies!!!  It is interesting to note that at home I really do not shop this much, I used to pre-Ciera , but I think here it's partly from necessity and partly from needing something to do, I never have this much free time on my hands at home. Ok, ok, that and I'm finding the prices for the most part really good J

 

Other than that it was a usual day.  Mr. Baby's cough is sounding much more productive, perhaps it's just running it's course, perhaps it's the extra liquids I am getting her to drink.  She was so funny today crawling (aka dragging herself) across the floor, as her pants are big for her the pants were pulling down…see the picture for the full effect.  She can really get surprisingly quickly from point a to point b this way now, I wonder if she will ever crawl on her hands and knees.  It was pointed out to me today again how active she has become, hopefully once she starts walking at home the two of them can chase each other!!  She does not sit still for long, we cuddle awhile now when she gets up, and I try to cuddle when I am giving her the bottle with the juice/water, but she can't seem to relax I think she is just so intent on trying to see everything else that is going on.  Her personality that way seems to be very similar to Cieras.  Mr. Baby is so cute, everytime she hears another baby crying, she strains her head to see what is going on, same with when the Dr's come in.

 

When we arrived back at the babyhouse after lunch, we walked into the room and there was another woman in there who I had seen before, but don't know, and they were all gathered around the desk looking at stuff.   She was selling Mary Kay….I thought that was pretty cool!  Mary Kay in Kazakhstan, who would have guessed.  I have run out of eye cream and was trying to ask her if it was in the brochure (she had none with her as I looked at all the boxes as they had English on them), but all she kept thinking I was getting at was concealer!  She left a brochure so I will have Irina look at it tomorrow for me, although I did see a store in the City Mall tonight that seems to have a lot of cosmetics so I'll check there too when I get out by myself!

 

I'm officially tuckered out tonight and have laundry to go hang up, so it's a short post…..night night all….

 

Pictures today:

- Mr. Baby's pants issue while on the move!

- Ciera and Mr. Baby "dancing", please note Ciera is in 1st position and Mr. Baby is on her toes (ok she always does that but still it's appropriate!)

2 comments:

Dean and Janie said...

Sweet post. It's really great your daughter gets to be there bonding with you and the new little one. It will make your transition at home much nicer.
Thinking of you!
Blessings,

Janie
TN, USA

Maren and Peter said...

Rinat is very jealous that you guys got snow. He wants to know if it will still be there when we come back. I'm guessing there'll be quite a bit of it :)
And too funny about the Mary Kay. In Astana in 2007 we lived right next door to the Mary Kay store (or some big building with it on the side). I thought it was interesting too.
I'm glad you have a new friend to hang out with! I was feeling sad that we only got to hang out for a few days and then had to leave you on your own again.
Give those babies some love!
-m