Wednesday, October 13, 2010

There's a reason I dislike doing dishes.....

I sit here typing with a Buzz Lightyear bandaid on my right hand between my middle and ring fingers…..I was washing dishes minding my own business and picked up a glass pushed the sponge inside and heard "pop" and thought that can't be good, then I felt the pain, good thing I was wearing rubber gloves as they took the first hit and I think slowed the glass down!!   I grabbed a paper napkin and wrapped it around my hand to go get our first aid baggie fromthe bedroom, as I walked into the bedroom I hear Ciera say "and I hope you don't get hurt".  We do this thing at bedtime where she says "I hope you don't fall out of bed and I hope you don't get hurt", so I was catching the tail end of that, but good timing on her part J.  Funny though I packed for medical stuff for her but not so much for me, hence the Buzz Lightyear bandaid and the Polysporin for kids, at least it's got pain relief stuff in it.  My 1st bandaid was Care Bears but I took it off to see how deep the cut is…butterfly tape would probably be good, oh well the scar will be a good reminder of the trip! Sara, I think this would be a good use for the Cognac, I think I really should pick up a bottle, any particular brand you recommend?? Both to cleanse the wound and then drink, for medicinal reasona only of course.  I will have one of the Dr's at the babyhouse check it tomorrow as I want to make sure there is no glass in it, as it does hurt a bit.

 

Other than that we had a good day, all the usual stuff, and another nice day, I'm told snow and rain for Sunday….oh yeah, oh right Ciera and I did not bring winter boots arrghhh!

 

Mr. Baby's cough sounded downright croupy today and Dr L checked her chest this afternoon and asked how often she coughed.   You can hear it when she breathes and I just want to cough for her, I did pretend coughing hoping she would copy me but she just thought it was funny and would laugh when I did it.   I also tried to get her moving a bit so that it will not settle, I think tomorrow I'm going to take some bottled water and see if they are ok with me giving her a bottle of water as I know for myself the liquids help when you have bronchitis.  The last thing I want right now is for her to get worse.  Her nose was a bit goopier today but not nearly as bad as some of the other kids, she HATES me wiping it away, I get tears every time and you'd think I was trying to cut her nose off by the sound of her cries.  In her defense though I think I know where she is coming from, they have this "thing", it's a white cone attached to a machine and a blue light comes out of it when it's on, and one nanny holds a baby while the other puts the cone in their nose, most of the babies cry as I imagine it does not feel all that great.  I've been told it helps to kill germs.  I keep telling Mr. Baby, "hey it's this or that what do you prefer" but I imagine she has likely had it before and is saying "get the heck away from my nose".  I do politely decline when they come to take her to do this J.  We were allowed outside again today, possibly our last outside venture given the weather forecasts, so we did take advantage of it.  I had Mr. Baby on the bouncy things and she cried every time I took her off one, looks like she will be as adventurous as Ciera!!

 

Poor Ciera got a few more mosquito bites again today (one right on her upper lip) and I killed one again in the kitchen.  Hopefully they subside soon…..really enough already.

 

After we left the babyhouse we came home for our snack and then got ready to head out to the shops above the grocery store as I wanted to price boots for us before we head downtown tomorrow.  The skies got a bit dark and holy smokes the wind, I was watching trees bend almost sideways, I cannot imagine a snow storm here with the wind coming off the steppes like that.  Hoping we do not encounter one of those. It did rain while we were at the store but it had stopped by the time we left.  With the forecast for rain/snow for Sunday I figured we should probably have winter boots, Ciera and I both have 2 pairs (ok ok I have more than 2) of perfectly good winter boots in our front hall closet at home, I never thought I'd need them here in October.  Anyhow I found a really cute pair of red boots for Ciera (even kids boots are fashionable here, no rubber and nylon to be seen), and she tried them on and they fit, they are about $32, not bad I suppose but we'll see what we can find downtown tomorrow.  I was initially hoping I could do this on a Sunday when we have more time, but since Sunday is the yukky day, we need to do it before then.  I found nothing for me, so downtown it is….I'm thinking the bazaar behind Uym first, then Uym…I'm hoping not the City Mall as it's pricey.  And no I am not buying stiletto winter boots!!  I did however purchase a pair of tights for me to wear under my jeans, what a good deal they were, $3.00!!

 

I am finding the air here so very drying, M and I were talking about it this afternoon, my hands feel like sandpaper and that's with using hand cream, and I'm constantly slathering stuff on my face,  I bought some good old fashioned Nivea cream (the really heavy kind) and Ciera and I both slathered it on our hands tonight and they feel so much better, I think it's going on my face tonight...maybe I'll look 10 years younger tomorrow!

 

Well time to go finish the rest of the dishes…they aren't going to wash themselves…maybe I'll console myself with some chocolate...my 2nd today but hey who's counting!

 

Today's pictures:

 

- Ciera on one of the tire swings at the babyhouse

- Ciera holding some sort of fruit/berry off a tree at the babyhouse, they looks like really tiny apples....anyone want to guess or know what they are?

 

It just dawned on me, we left home 3 weeks ago tonight……wow 3 weeks just Ciera and I.... 7/24...and so far we are both still around to talk about it J

 

 

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Think of everything that has happened and how life has changed in 3 weeks!!! Amazing! Hope you and Mr Baby heal fast!!

Hugs to you all!

MaryLisa Dincel, RHN said...

Oh I hope the cut heals quickly... I also went for the Nivea cream as there aren't many brands you recognize there! Stick with what you can read...:) Your photos are amazing... makes me wish I could see Karaganda in the summer/fall. I hope you don't get too much snow while you're there. Glad to hear the food is good... We also enjoyed our lunches at that apartment. The time goes faster after the first 3 weeks!
All the best and good luck!

Julian and Sara said...

Cannot recall the brand of cognac - but it was not very expensive at all (about 12 Tenge for a bottle). I am sure that it would be perfect for your hand - however applied. :)

Love the picture of Ciera and Mr. Baby watching the computer in your most recent post.